Please read the following carefully.
Please read these Terms carefully before using our App.
If you are accessing our App on behalf of a body corporate (which includes a company or other organization with legal personality wherever or however incorporated), a partnership, a trust, a joint venture or an incorporated association or organization (the “Company”), by accessing our App you represent and warrant that you are authorized to accept these terms on behalf of the Company and bind such Company.
1. Modifications to Terms
We may change these Terms or any other policies or guidelines governing our App at any time in our sole discretion. Any changes will be effective upon the posting of the revisions on our App. Your use of our App will be subject to the most current version of the Terms posted on our App at the time of such use. Your continued use of our App after such changes are implemented constitutes your acknowledgment and acceptance of the changes. Please consult these Terms regularly. If you do not agree to any changes to these Terms, please immediately discontinue your use of our App.
3. Use of our App Content
You may, only as directed by WayBase, WayBase personnel, WayBase affiliates, or as allowed by the App through downloadable links, download and otherwise copy content from the App. You accept responsibility for any breach of this Agreement by yourself, any of your affiliates, employees, or related third-parties, or others who access the App through your affiliation.
4. Restrictions on Use of our App
- Except as expressly provided for in these Terms, WayBase reserves all of its rights, title and interest in and to the App, including all intellectual property and other proprietary rights.
- You may not, and may not authorize, any other party to: (i) co-brand our App; (ii) frame our App; or (iii) hyperlink to our App, without the express prior written consent of an authorized representative of WayBase. For the purposes of these Terms, “co-branding” means to display any name, logo, trade-mark, or other means of attribution or identification of any party in such a manner as is reasonably likely to give a user the impression that such other party has the right to display, publish, or distribute our App or which may confuse a user as the nature of the relationship between us and any other party. You will cease and desist causing any unauthorized co-branding and framing or hyperlinking upon notice from us and at all times you will cooperate with us following our discovery of any such illegal activity.
- WayBase may, at any time and without notice to you, suspend, disable, limit or terminate access or use of all or part of the App for any reason and without any liability to you whatsoever. While WayBase takes great care to ensure the App is accurate, errors and/or inaccuracies may occur. WayBase may change or update information on the App at any time without notice. We make no representations that the App is compatible with, or will function or operate with your device or equipment.
- Due to strain on our servers, scrapers, crawlers, robots, or any other automated means of acquiring data from our App is expressly prohibited. If you are in need of a large quantity of data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will consider your data request on a case to case basis.
- You shall not create an account on our App for anyone other than yourself.
- You shall not use our App if you are twelve (12) years of age or younger.
- You shall not create more than one account on our App.
- You shall not use your profile, the forums, any text input, or file uploads for third party advertisement or third party commercial gain. For greater clarity, an activity will be deemed third party advertisement and/or third party commercial gain if such activity is not in any way related to yourself or your organization, and is done strictly for the gain or advantage of an unrelated third party.
- You shall not do anything that can jeopardize the security of your account, including but not limited to sharing your password.
5. Proprietary Content
- The entire contents of our App, including without limitation, all names, designs, graphics, images, illustrations, information, photographs, artwork, video, audio, software, code, data, text, displays, the App’s “look and feel”, logos, slogans, trade-marks, trade names, service marks, domain names, and the design, selection, arrangement and presentation of the App as a collective work and/or compilation (collectively, “Content”) is protected under Canadian copyright, trade-mark, competition and other laws of Canada and other nations, and is owned by us or has been licensed to us. You may not copy, sell, license, transfer, publish, reproduce, modify, display, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, adapt, translate, transmit, arrange, bundle, sublicense, export, merge, loan, rent, lease, license, assign, share, outsource, host, distribute in anyway, prepare derivative works based on, re-post, make available to any person or otherwise use, either directly or indirectly, any of the Content, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means whatsoever, be they physical, electronic or otherwise, for any public or commercial purpose, without our prior written consent. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, nothing contained in this App should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trade-mark, service mark, or any other intellectual property.
- We may, from time to time, provide you with information, documents or resources, verbally, electronically, or in written format (collectively,“Documentation”) owned by us or licensed to us which are protected under copyright, trade-mark, patent and other intellectual property rights. All content in the Documentation, including the collection, arrangement, and assembly of such content, is our exclusive property or licensed to us. You may not copy, sell, license, transfer, publish, reproduce, modify, display, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, adapt, translate, transmit, arrange, bundle, sublicense, export, merge, loan, rent, lease, assign, share, outsource, host, distribute in anyway, prepare derivative works based on, re-post, make available to any person or otherwise use, either directly or indirectly, any of the Documentation or content in the Documentation, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means whatsoever, be they physical, electronic or otherwise, for any public or commercial purpose, without our prior written consent. You must not permit, allow or do anything that would infringe or otherwise prejudice our proprietary rights or allow any third party to access the Documentation. The restrictions set out in these Terms do not apply to the limited extent the restrictions are prohibited by applicable law.
6. User Content
- By using our App, you may have the opportunity to post, upload or otherwise make available content (such as data, text and any information or materials) to the App (“User Content”). You agree to only upload User Content to which you own all proprietary right, title and interest, or have a license or written consent from the owner to upload such User Content to our App. Further, you agree not to upload any User Content that is obscene, illegal, threatening, defamatory, libellous, harmful, abusive, harassing, tortuous, discriminatory (towards race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, and disability), sexist, vulgar, obscene, hateful or racially, ethically or otherwise objectionable, invasive of privacy, infringing of third party intellectual property or privacy rights, or is otherwise injurious to WayBase, or any third parties.
- If you upload User Content that is the personal information of a third party, you agree that you will only do so after you have obtained consent to do so in accordance with applicable privacy laws (“Consent”). You hereby confirm that any and all User Content provided by you to us complies with all applicable laws.
- If you upload any User Content, you agree that you are uploading such User Content at your own risk and WayBase shall not be responsible for or liable in any way, to you or any other person or entity with regards to such User Content.
We do not control, process, or store any of your payment information. We use a third-party payment processor to manage all of the payments that take place through our App, and any such purchases are facilitated through this third-party. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using a certified technology that the third-party processor has elected to use as part of their system.
8. Use of our App
We expect that you will access and use our App in a professional, responsible and business-like manner in accordance with applicable laws. By using our App, you have the opportunity to engage in dialogue with representatives of WayBase if you send us emails or contact us through our App. We welcome your questions, suggestions, ideas and other information (collectively “Suggestions”) that you communicate to us so long as any such Suggestions, User Content or interaction is not obscene, illegal, threatening, defamatory, libellous, harmful, abusive, harassing, tortuous, discriminatory (towards race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, and disability), sexist, vulgar, obscene, hateful or racially, ethically or otherwise objectionable, invasive of privacy, infringing of third party intellectual property or privacy rights, or is otherwise injurious to third parties.You are not obligated to provide us with Suggestions regarding our App. However, if you do provide us with Suggestions, then we retain all rights to any Suggestions that you may provide to us and you agree to grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use your Suggestions in any commercial manner.You further agree that you must use our App for lawful purposes only and represent and warrant that you will not use our App to:
- E-mail, provide us with or otherwise transmit any Suggestions or User Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- E-mail, provide us with or otherwise transmit any Suggestions or User Content that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any third party’s copyright, patent, trade-mark, or other proprietary right of publicity or privacy, or encourages or enables any other party to do so;
- Remove any proprietary notices or labels, or any promotional or advertising material, from our App;
- E-mail, transmit or send via the Internet any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, branding, promotional materials, commercial solicitation, political campaigning, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person, company or entity, including without limitation, using a false email address or misleading us as to your identity when you are on our App or otherwise communicating with us;
- Upload, e-mail, send via the Internet or otherwise transmit, any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, alter, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the App’s infrastructure or limits the functionality of any WayBase or third party computer hardware, software, networks, or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with or disrupt our App including but not limited to our servers or networks connected to our App, including attempting to interfere with the access of any other user, host or network, including without limitation, overloading, initiating, propagating, participating, directing or attempting any “denial of service” attacks, “spamming”, “crashing”, “flooding” or “mail-bombing” our App or disobeying any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to our App;
- Direct bots, spiders, crawlers, avatars, intelligent agents or any other automated process at our computer systems or otherwise, create unreasonable load upon any of our computer hardware, network, storage, input/output or electronic control devices;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, provincial, national or international law, rule or regulation applicable in connection with our App or any User Content;
- Modify, adapt, assign, copy, sublicense, translate, rent, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of our App;
- Collect, use, disclose, store or distribute any User Content or other personal information of a third party without their express consent;
- Transmit any information or User Content known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading; or
- Transmit any information or User Content that is intimate, private or that you would not want the public to view or have access to.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties/Limitation of Liability
- You understand that we will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide our App, Content and Documentation but we cannot and do not guarantee or promise any specific and intended results, including but not limited to financial or commercial, from the use of our Content or Documentation or from the use of our App. You also understand that our Content and Documentation is provided for your own convenience and is for informational purposes only. You acknowledge that any reliance on our App, Content and Documentation will be at your own risk and that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of our App, Content or Documentation. You are solely responsible for any use of and results from using our Content, Documentation, or the App. Your use of our Documentation, Content, or App is entirely at your own risk.
- We do not represent or warrant that files or information available for access or downloading from the Internet, hyperlinked Apps, our App or any files and emails from us will be free of viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other code that may manifest contaminating or destructive properties. Your use of the internet is at your own risk and you are solely responsible for any damages to your computer systems or loss of data that results from any internet access or our Documentation, Content, or App.
- Your use of our App, Content and Documentation is at your own risk. Our App, Content and Documentation are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without representations, warranties, guarantees or conditions of any kind, either express or implied. we expressly disclaim all representations, warranties, guarantees and conditions, including any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, quiet enjoyment or non-infringement or those arising out a course of dealing, performance or usage of trade. we make no representations, warranties or conditions regarding the availability appropriateness, completeness, accuracy, or currency of our App, Content or Documentation. For greater clarity, we do not represent or warrant that: (i) our App, Content or Documentation does not and will not infringe, or be subject to any intellectual property claims, or a claim of infringing the trademark or other rights of another party; (ii) our App, Content or Documentation will be uninterrupted, functional, secure, reliable, accurate, complete, current, useful, suitable, secure or error-free; (iii) our App, Content or Documentation will be suitable, accurate, correct, reliable, complete, timely, error-free or will meet your requirements and expectations in any way; (iv) any defects in our App, Content or Documentation will be corrected; and (v) we have verified or endorsed any third party content. Our App, Content and Documentation may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and we may make changes or improvements to the App, Content and Documentation at any time.
- In no event shall WayBase, its directors, officers, shareholders, employees, third party providers, agents or advisors (“Associated Persons”) be liable to you or any other person or entity for any direct, indirect, exemplary, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including loss of income, loss of profits, loss of anticipated sales, loss of opportunities, business interruption, failure to realize unexpected savings, damage to property, claims of third parties, loss of goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses or other economic or personal loss arising from or in connection with: (i) your use of or reliance on any information provided by us on our App or stated in our Content and Documentation; (ii) your use of or inability to use our App, Content and Documentation; (iii) your violations of trademark infringement or other intellectual property rights; (iv) any failure of performance of our App, Content or Documentation, whether related to error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer viruses or line failure; (v) the unauthorized use of your account and password by any person; (vi) any third party content or hyperlinked Apps; or (vii) any other matters relating to our App, Content and Documentation, whether based in contract, negligence, strict liability, fundamental breach, failure of essential purpose or otherwise, whether or not we had any knowledge, actual or constructive, that you might incur such damages. The limitations on WayBase’s liability or the liability of Associated Persons to you in this section shall apply whether or not WayBase or such Associated Persons have been advised or should have been aware of the possibility of any such losses arising.
- We expressly disclaim any and all such above representations, warranties and conditions to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law. Certain jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties or conditions or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you and you may have additional rights.
- In any case, WayBase’s aggregate liability under this agreement shall be limited to $100.00 CAD.
You agree at all times to defend, indemnify and hold harmless WayBase, its employees, contractors, agents, officers, directors, successors and assigns (the“Indemnified Parties”) from and against any claims, losses, judgements, actions, proceedings, damages, costs and expenses (including without limitation, reasonable legal and other fees and disbursements) incurred by any of the foregoing parties due to or resulting from your use or misuse of our App, Content or Documentation, or from your violation of these Terms, including your failure to appropriately obtain consent from a third party. You will also indemnify and hold the Indemnified Parties harmless from and against any claims brought by third parties arising out of your use of our App, Content and Documentation, including but not limited to trademark infringement or other intellectual property claims from third parties.
11. System Security
You are prohibited from using any services or facilities provided in connection with our App to compromise security or tamper with our system resources and/or accounts. The use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security (e.g., password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools) is strictly prohibited. We reserve the right to investigate suspected violations of these Terms and to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone believed to be violating these Terms.
12. Governing Law; Jurisdiction
These Terms and any action related thereto or related to our App or Documentation shall be governed, controlled, interpreted and defined by and under the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. The United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods is explicitly excluded from this agreement. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms or your use of our App, Content or Documentation will be filed only in a court located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of any such action. Your use of our App and Documentation is void where prohibited by laws in jurisdictions to which you are otherwise subject, and you agree not to visit or use our App, Content or Documentation in any such circumstances.
You acknowledge and agree that these Terms shall remain in effect for so long as you use our App or Documentation. You agree that this agreement can only be terminated by you once you have stopped using our App, Content or Documentation. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your use of our App, Content or Documentation and remove and discard any information related to you and your use of our App or Documentation at any time, for any reason, with or without cause, if we believe that you are violating these Terms in any way. If you wish to terminate your account, you may choose to cease use of the App or to send us notification by email at email@example.com. If you are dissatisfied with our App, Content or Documentation, including these Terms, your sole remedy is to discontinue using our App, Content or Documentation by ceasing to use the App.
14. Entire Agreement
These Terms and any of our other legal notices, policies and guidelines linked to these Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and WayBase relating to your use of our App, Content and Documentation and supersede any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written), claims, representations, and understandings of the parties regarding such subject matter and the Terms may not be amended or modified except in writing or by making such amendments or modifications available on our App.
15. No Agency; Third Party Beneficiary
We are not your agent, fiduciary, trustee, or other representative. Nothing expressed or mentioned in or implied from these Terms is intended or will be construed to give to any person other than the parties hereto any legal or equitable right, remedy, or claim under or in respect to these Terms. These Terms and all of the representations, warranties, covenants, conditions, and provisions hereof are intended to be and are for the sole and exclusive benefit of you, WayBase and the Associated Persons.
You may not assign, convey, subcontract or delegate your rights, duties or obligations hereunder without our prior written consent. WayBase may assign these Terms and the rights and obligations granted hereunder without your consent.
If any provision of the Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms remain in full force and effect.
18. No Waiver
We will not be considered to have waived any of our rights or remedies described in these Terms unless the waiver is in writing and signed by us. No delay or omission by us in exercising its rights or remedies will impair or be construed as a waiver. Any single or partial exercise of a right or remedy will not preclude further exercise of any other right or remedy. Our failure to enforce the strict performance of any provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver of our right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provisions of these Terms.
The headings used in these Terms are included for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of these Terms.
You agree that English and French will be the languages of our App and of all transactions occurring in connection with our services, and you agree to waive any right to use and rely upon any other languages or translations. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and French versions of this App or these Terms, you acknowledge that the English version will govern. C'est la volenté expresse des parties que la présente convention ainsi que tous les documents legales qui s'y rattachent soient rédigés en anglais.
21. Last Modified
These Terms and Conditions were last modified on January 20, 2021.